Watertown Township Recycling Drop-Off
Free recycling drop-off is available at the Watertown Township Hall at 12803 S. Wacousta Road. Items accepted at the drop-off center include the following:
- Food and Beverage Glass—Granger can now accept colored glass in the brown glass mix. Container glass, food, and beverage glass in brown and shades of blue and green are accepted. Rinse clean and remove lids and metal rings. NO: CRT glass (monitors or TV screens), light bulbs, window glass, mirrors, drinking glasses, cups, bowls, or plates
Tin Cans and Aluminum—Please rinse clean and flatten. No paint cans, appliances, hangers, fencing, scrap metal, aerosol cans or containers with food residue are accepted.
- Mixed Residential Paper—Newspaper, magazines and junk mail are accepted. Please remove any plastic or paper bags, string and twine. No papers containing stickers, coins or plastic; boxboard (cereal boxes, shoe boxes, etc.); or books are accepted.
- Corrugated Cardboard, Brown Paper Bags, and Box Board—Boxes should be broken down and any other materials (Styrofoam, wood or food) should be removed. No glossy or shiny cardboard, wax-coated cardboard or 6-, 12- or 24-pack beverage cases are accepted.
- Plastic—Containers with #1 through #7 symbols on bottom accepted, including bottles and jugs with narrow, threaded neck, plastic tubs (margarine, sour cream, cottage cheese, etc.), microwave trays and yogurt containers. NO: plastic bags, paper wax-coated milk or juice cartons, plastic spoons/forks, Styrofoam containers/packaging, syringes, garden hose/rubber, furniture, pools, toys, or free-flowing liquids.
Other Things to Remember at the Recycling Drop-Off
- The recycling bins are intended for accepted recycling items as listed above. Please do not leave trash or other non-accepted items.
- The bin for cardboard is scheduled to be emptied each Monday and Friday. The plastic bin is scheduled to be emptied each Friday. Other bins are emptied on an as-needed basis.
- Please follow recycling guidelines closely. Putting items in the wrong container or including prohibited items slows down the recycling process and increases the cost of recycling. This includes plastic bags. Please keep all plastic bags out of the plastic containers. These items will need to be sorted out and disposed of as trash. Or many retail stores accept these bags for recycling.
- Help keep the drop-off clean and safe. Be sure your recycling makes it into the container. Take particular care with glass, as broken glass is a danger to human safety and causes flat tires and other damage. Unattended youth have recently smashed recyclable bottles at the drop-off center. If you have any information about this or other vandalism at the drop-off center, please contact the Township Hall or local police.
Granger has provided a helpful download of recycling guidelines
for the Watertown Township recycling drop-off.
Your assistance with these items will help keep the recycling drop-off available to our community.
Additional Recycling Opportunities
For information about additional recycling opportunities within Clinton County (such as medication drop-off, Clean Community events, or mercury thermometer collection), refer to the Clinton County Department of Waste Management
Granger Disposal Center of Lansing
The Granger Disposal Center of Lansing is located at 16500 Wood Road in Lansing. It is open to the public for self-hauling trash and yard waste. For hours, waste acceptance, and pricing, visit Granger's website
The Granger Grand River Avenue Landfill located in Watertown Charter Township is no longer open to the public for self-haul.