MEMORIAL DAY EVENTS
MEMORIAL DAY CELEBRATION
The annual Memorial Day parade is scheduled for Saturday, May 25, starting at approximately 11am. Line-up will be at 10:45am in the parking lot of the township hall (12803 S. Wacousta Road). The parade progresses from the township hall to the Wacousta Cemetery. A memorial service will follow in the cemetery.
We appreciate the opportunity to share our gratitude and respect for those who have served our country in the past and those who continue to serve. Please join us for the parade, cemetery service, and a community picnic provided free of charge by the Lions Club at the Jack Huntoon Pavilion in the Gloria Miller Looking Glass Valley Park after the service.
LOOKING GLASS TRIATHLON
UPDATE: The 2019 triathlon registration deadline has passed.
The triathlon will start at 7am on Saturday, May 25, at the Gloria Miller Looking Glass Valley Park.
· $30 registration fee per team
· All teams must start and finish with the same partners
· Teams must furnish their own bikes (canoes will be furnished)
· Teams must have one member over age 18
· The team race will include approximately: 1.5 mile run, 2+ miles by canoe*, and 3+ miles by bike
*weather/river conditions permitting
UPCOMING TOWNSHIP-SPONSORED EVENTS
Dinner with Santa - Christmas 2019 (date TBD)
Easter Egg Hunt - Spring 2020 (date TBD)
Dump Your Junk Day - Spring 2020 (date TBD)