Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the township offices are CLOSED to the public. Per Governor Whitmer's Executive Order 2020-21 (COVID-19), all non-essential services are temporarily suspended through April 13, 2020. Your patience is appreciated as township staff continues to work in the office or remotely; please contact staff directly by phone or email for assistance. Additionally, many of your questions may be answered by searching this website. The township drop box remains available 24/7 to accept payments and other material. Various payment options are available 24/7. This page will be updated as changes occur (refresh browser for updates).
Staff Contact Information Sheet
Updated April 8, 2020: At this time, we have the following closures/cancellations/alterations of service to announce:
- In response to the Governor's "Stay Home, Stay Safe" Executive Order, the DNR has SUSPENDED all open burn permits across the state of Michigan. NO burning of yard waste or agricultural burning is allowed. Recreational type campfires and fire pits using seasoned firewood according to Watertown Township's burning ordinance IS allowed with a valid burning permit (call 517-321-6622 daily to check weather conditions before burning). Visit the DNR website for more information.
- Watertown Township Recycling Drop-Off: The recycling center is CLOSED. DO NOT LEAVE ITEMS AT THE RECYCLING CENTER. This will be in effect until the Governor's "Stay Home, Stay Safe" Executive Order restrictions are lifted.
- Notary services - unavailable at this time.
- Wacousta Cemetery - non-immediate needs are unavailable at this time. Contact the Clerk's office to arrange for an immediate need burial or purchase of burial rights.
- Wallace F. Watt Community Center (Gym) - closed.
- Gloria Miller Looking Glass Valley Park/Pavilion and Heritage Park/Pavilion - both closed. Play equipment closed.
- Dump Your Junk Day - April 25, 2020 - cancelled. Updates will be posted if the event can be rescheduled at a later date.
- Grand Ledge Library Watertown Pick-Up - unavailable at this time.
If you are aware of anyone needing assistance or a wellness check within the Watertown Township community, please contact Township Manager Jennifer Tubbs by phone (517) 749-4643 or email (JTubbs@watertowntownship.com). Additionally, seniors may be able to receive meal delivery, thanks to federal dollars received by the state to help provide meals to older adults (age 60 and over). Seniors who need extra support at this time can now sign up for assistance, including meal delivery, delivery of non-perishable food items, and daily wellness-check calls, through the state’s coronavirus website.
For the latest information and additional resources on how to protect and prepare for COVID-19, please visit the following: