Zoning Permits:

How to Apply for a Zoning Permit - New Residential and Residential Additions

How to Apply for a Zoning Permit - Decks, Porches, Pole Barns, and Other Non-Residential Projects

Residential Zoning Permit
New homes, residential additions, decks, porches, pole barns, etc.

Agricultural Zoning Permit
Agricultural Buildings as defined by the Michigan Construction Code Act [MCL 125.1501 et. seq] only.

Industrial/Commercial Zoning Permit

All of the above require a site drawing.  

Pole Barn Spec Sheet

Deck Spec Sheet

Building and Trade Permits:

Construction and demolition hours of operation for Watertown Township:  7am – 9pm on weekdays, 8am – 9pm on weekends.  No operations permitted on select holidays, see Sec. 28-7.11 of the Watertown Township zoning ordinance for more information.  Violators subject to $100 fine for first offense, $500 fine for second offense.  

Building permit fees are based on the value of the construction.  Trade permit fees are outlined on the application forms.

Projects That Do Not Require Building Permits

Building Permit

Demolition Permit Guidelines

Electrical Permit

Mechanical Permit

Plumbing Permit

Other County Permits:

Driveway Permit (Clinton County Road Commission)

Soil Erosion and Sedimentation Permit (Clinton County Building Department)

Well and Septic Permits (Mid-Michigan District Health Department)

For sewer and water permits, see the Township Manager page of this website.

Website designed and developed by Web Ascender